9.21.2008

Patience is a Virtue

I've had the worst "luck" these past couple of months. Jim and I are searching for our perfect condo, however everywhere we look leads us to a dead end. It has been a complete emotional roller coaster ride. We are on a deadline to an extent, so I would like to find a place in the time we have, although I'm coming to realize that it isn't my time that we are on. It's God's. Our times aren't matching which is even more frustrating.

For instance, I'll be talking to someone and they'll mention to me that they just bought a new house. I want to scream, "No! I'm the one looking not you!" It seems like everyone around me is getting my wish.

I will be the first to say how selfish this sounds, but get real: we are all selfish. We all want things. We all strive to get things. It's just a fact of life. However, as each day approaches us, I'm beginning to remember how we receive things in life. Prayer. Even though God works on his time, when we pray, we're coming to him for guidance, support and knowledge to lead us to which path to choose when we come to that fork in the road. We can always lean on that power of prayer to guide us to where we need to be in life.

We are really fortunate. We have a great place that we live in now that is in an excellent area in Beverly. We have food, clothes and jobs. And I can not express how grateful I am to have the necessities in life.

So, my dear readers, I'm asking you to pray for us. Please. We have come across disappointment after disappointment with a lot of personal situations in the last couple of months that has become very discouraging to me. It's been extremely hard to actually wake up and put a smile on my face everyday and act like nothing is wrong. I'm not one to spill out all my feelings to anyone either but what else can we do?

Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Matthew 6.25


No comments: