8.27.2008

Amazing Grace

I cried at work today. I usually don't. Actually, I don't think I ever have. My feelings were hurt to the degree that I almost gave my two weeks notice. First of all, I fully understand that I can't announce my two weeks notice because I don't have another job lined up, and second I'm perfectly aware that no else can "hurt" my feelings. It's the way I interpret their words. To make a long story short, and not bore anyone with the details, my manager was extremely stressed about a show she had to be at tonight. In the midst of running around, she said something to me that hit home. I can usually take her criticism as long as I receive a check every Friday, however the words she used towards me this afternoon were unnecessary. In my defense I did stick up for myself to an extent, however I was so mad I wanted to say what was really on my mind, but then I remembered the Proverbs we have been reading in our weekly bible study on Monday nights:

"A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger," Proverbs 15.

After she left I was so upset. I cursed myself for not saying more, but thought again: In my daily life, how many times do I curse God in the moment of stress? How many times do I blame him for my irresponsibilities? How many times does he lash back at me when I do this? None. Even though I would love a good fight sporadically because that's just my nature, he's always forgiving, loving and opens his arms whenever I tend to fall. (For me that's a lot).

In order to be more like him, this is what I need to do. Even if she doesn't apologize, I still need to be understanding and forgiving. God has such an amazing grace the he shows me every single day that makes me more like him. How cool is that? I need to show this amazing grace as well.

The Lord has promised good to me
His word my hope secures
He will my shield and portion be
As long as life endures

My chains are gone
I've been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy reigns
Unending love, Amazing grace

No comments: