12.17.2007

First Anniversary

So it's official: I passed the first year of marriage. Wow. Yeserday everyone at work was telling how big of a deal the first anniversary is. It didn't sink in until Jim and I were in the car heading towards Boston. Wow. One year. We're not really newlyweds anymore, but still are.

For the celebration we drove into Boston and stayed at the Park Plaza. We had dinner in the hotel restaurant which was really good! When we returned to our hotel room, a bottle of wine with two wine glasses inside an ice bucket was waiting for us. My family had it delivered. So we toasted each other with the toasting flutes from our wedding, and watched our wedding video in bed. I was able to sleep in until room service came with breakfast in bed. (Another family present).

Jim likes to be traditional with his presents, so for the first year of marriage, the rule is to give each other paper. For my paper gift, he gave me two tickets for the Boston Nutcracker. I love the Nutcracker!!! My mom used to take me every year when I was younger. It was bonding time I looked forward to annually. If you're interested in any of the traditions, click here.

It was a very relaxing getaway, and I can't wait until next year!

No comments: