12.04.2007

White Day

Yesterday Jim and I drove up to VT to visit his family. The weather wasn't bad in Beverly, however the more north we drove, the worse the weather became. At one point we were stuck in a white out. (For all you Floridians reading this a white out is when you can only see a couple feet from you when everything else it pure white ahead). When we finally arrived at his mom's house, the driveway wasn't plowed and if you have ever been to Jim's mom's house, the driveway is like a mile long. (Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating just a tad, but it is a very long driveway). Jim and my brother-in-law thought it would be a grand idea to put me in the driver's seat while they push the car up the driveway. Yea, "let's put Erin in the driver's seat. She won't mind." So when this didn't work they decided to go inside and think about another option. They told me to stay in the car. Oh dear.

All and all it has been a nice visit. We had an early Christmas with all of them, I received my first daughter-in-law card and most importantly I was able to hold my nephew. Even though my arms are sore from scraping ice off from the driveway, and holding Alex for about 2 hours, it was well worth it.

No comments: