2.05.2008

Girls Just Want To Have Fun!

So I took my day off from work to pamper myself. I dyed my hair (thank you for noticing), went running and whitened my teeth, yes pretty random, and watched American Idol.

One contestant on American Idol sang a Celine Dion song. A lot of people don't know this, but I really like Celine Dion. I think she's an extraordinary artist with an impeccable voice. I began to reminisce about singing Celine Dion songs back in my youth with my girlfriends. These were the days before worrying about boys, finances and college. Ergo, the good ole days. We would close the bedroom door, swearing that we were doing our homework, (I think our parents knew that wasn't a complete lie), but instead would blast the boom box with her inspirational songs even though we didn't comprehend the content of most of them. Grabbing that hair brush and lip-sinking made you feel like an American Idol to yourself. Ok, I don't know why I just shared that. :Embarrassmening sigh: These were favorites my girlfriends and I listened to...

-That's the Way It Is:

When you want it the most
There's no easy way out
When you're ready to go
And your heart's left in doubt
Don't give up on your faith
Love comes to those who believe it
And that's the way it is

-It's All Coming Back To Me Now
(This was later a great break-up song).
If I kiss you like this
And if you whisper like that
It was lost long ago
But it's all coming back to me
If you want me like this
And if you need me like that
It was dead long ago
But it's all coming back to me
It's so hard to resist
And it's all coming back to me
I can barely recall
But it's all coming back to me now

-If Walls Could Talk

If walls could talk

Oooh... they would say I want you more
They would say
Hey...ever felt like this before?
That you'll always be the one for me
If walls had eyes
Mine...they would see the love in sight
They would see
Me...in your arms in ecstasy
And with every move they'd know I love you so

All By Myself
Hard to be sure

Sometimes I feel so insecure
And loves so distant and obscure
Remains the cure
All by myself
Don't wanna be
All by myself
Anymore
All by myself
Don't wanna live
All by myself

-The Power Of Love

'Cause I am your lady
And you are my man
Whenever you reach for me
I'll do all that I can
We're heading for something
Somewhere I've never been
Sometimes I am frightened
But I'm ready to learn
Of the power of love

-Because You Loved Me
You were my strength when I was weak

You were my voice when I couldn't speak
You were my eyes when I couldn't see
You saw the best there was in me
Lifted me up when I couldn't reach
You gave me faith 'coz you believed
I'm everything I am
Because you loved me



No comments: