2.11.2008

"Here's to you Kippy!"


Today I had a random thought about someone who has truly touched my soul: Kip. What a wonderful guy. He was my Granny's boyfriend for about five years until he passed away in 2005. Ironically, they met at Granny's second husband's funeral.

Kip and Granny started dating in late 2000. It was odd seeing my Granny date. I felt like she was forgetting about Granddaddy, but she made it perfectly clear to me that you can not erase fifty years of wedding bliss to your soul mate and that Kip will always remember his late wife as well. I was still getting over how Don treated her when they made their relationship official therefore I wasn't very nice to Kip in the beginning and to this day regret that whole heartily. However, he embraced me with patience, kindness and most importantly showed us all how much he loved my grandmother. That made me do a 180 on him. His family is incredible. They came to my wedding. They're like family, and still put my grandmother on a petistool.

By early 2005 Kip had to go in for quadruple bipass surgery for his heart. This was hard on everyone. However, knowing Kip was truly devoted to God, and leaned on him on a daily basis he wasn't scared at all. He showed us how sovergn God is to all of us. He later passed away that April. However, my Granny is such a strong woman and showed me the will power how to hold yourself up during those crucial times in life. She is such a role model to me but that's another day and another blog.

So here's to you Kippy. I hope you received a front row seat in Heaven because you sure as hell deserved it. (No pun intended there). I love you, miss you dearly and as you already know you have a special place in my heart forever. Oh and by the way, you still make Granny smile when someone mentions you.

I will remember you
Will you remember me?

Don’t let your life pass you by

Weep not for the memories

No comments: