3.26.2008

Easter

Easter Sunday came and went very smoothly. The best thing about it was that I was able to spend the day with my nephew. Even though he's teething at the moment, he's still adorable. Jim and his mom went to the Easter service at our church, and from the looks of it I think she enjoyed it to some degree. I cooked and was not able to recollect the importance of the day. So today I am.

5 The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. 6 He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. 7 Then go quickly and tell his disciples: 'He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.' Now I have told you."

It's so uplifting to read this. To think about all the wrong I do on a daily basis and to know I'll be free is so empowering.

I'm looking outside our kitchen window and it is a gorgeous day. Actually gorgeous can be an understatement. It's more like magnificent, strikingly beautiful, absolutely breath taking, Can you tell we have not had this weather in a long time? But we can compromise on gorgeous. I'm sure it has reached 60 degrees by now which I am now considering "beach weather." Having this statement come from a Floridan should mean a lot. I should really start my habitual jogs again. I had all intentions to do it last night when I came home from work, but didn't because the winter has made me L-A-Z-Y. Plus, if you're looking for a lame excuse, you can't actually jog in the snow. So, whoever reads this inspire me somehow! Alissa, I'm ready! Let's start our AM routines on the the boardwalk again.

Today is my day off from work (which doesn't happen very often) so I'm doing the norm: grocery shopping, enjoying the weather, and cleaning my car for my annual inspection. Not terribly exciting. Actually, it's not the least bit exciting. Oh well. life goes on.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay for Easter going smoothly:)

Erin said...

YES!