4.01.2008

April Fools...NOT!

My eyes fully opened to the thought that it was 8.55am and I had to be at work at 9.00am this morning. I quickly hopped out of bed, jumped in the shower, dabbed on some make-up, scrunched my hair, and put on the first thing I saw in my closet and I was out the door by 9.20am. For a girl that is truly remarkable. Jim helped by making coffee for the go, my true incentive in the AM.

On all the days that I could have been late, which I never am, it's the day that our director from New York was visiting. Fortunately, she was late too. She's a nice gal I'm sure. She knows the business backwards and forwards and to listen to her speak is very empowering and inspirational. She's a tough cookie when it comes to making goals, and believe me we're not making them (to her standards) which was made quite clear. She did however like my eyes. That's the first thing she told me when we were introduced. At least it started off on a positive note. Don't worry, it ended on one too.

Since working at my job, I have come to enjoy numbers more freely. However, sitting in the meeting room for over two hours going over every acronym you could possibly think of and matching it to a percentage to compare it with, your head starts to hurt. This asset goes to this one, and blah, blah, blah. I understand what she was telling us, I was just getting a little hungry.

That meeting ended, and another with just my manager began. That was less intimidating, but lasted another two hours.

I wanted to pinch myself a few times during the day just to make sure someone wasn't fooling me at all. I mean, this could have been the most incredible April Fool's joke ever, (in a very distorted view) to create. Having your regional's boss come into town and tell you you're not meeting goal when you think you were doing a swell job this whole time. Pure genius. But no. No joke.

It just started raining. I absolutely LOVE it when it rains at night when I'm going to bed. I enjoy nodding off to the sound of the drops hitting the rooftop. It reminds me of the storms we habitually get in the Sunshine State.

No comments: