6.03.2008

Blue Sky

With all the hurt and betrayal I have felt within the past twenty-four hours, and trying to go to work and acting like nothing is wrong, (apparently I'm a horrible liar because wearing sunglasses inside to cover up tears isn't obvious), I heard this song over the intercom and understood it perfectly.


I'm blind with eyes wide open
My body's tired and broken
I want a taste of something, that doesn't leave me dry
This hope for answered questions
As rare as true conviction
I stare into the distance, there is no truth in sight
Who can tell me why

Everybody's looking for a blue sky
Searching for an answer on a satellite
I know that there's got to be a blue sky out there to see
A blue sky waiting for me


In the past twenty-four years of my life I have only been hurt, I mean really hurt just once where I have felt used, completely dirty, and to the point where I thought I was damage goods. This situation that I'm dealing with at the moment tops that tens times more. Yes, I might contradict myself after I say this but I have forgiven the person, or people for that matter and I'm not holding a grudge. However, feelings can not just go away because you have a big "talk." I realize I'm the only one that can control my emotions, but sometimes people really do impair your feelings to the point where whenever you see them you're reminded of how they wounded your heart so much. And that really sucks because for a moment I thought they actually cared about me, because I cared deeply for them. All I can say is time is an essence. And if it's worth it, it will heal. And if it's really worth it, an outcome will be resolved. That's if both parties are willing.

No comments: