6.15.2008

When God Fearin Women Get The Blues

While I was in New York last weekend I shared a hotel room with my mom, sister, my mom's friend Cathie and her daughter Shelby who's also involved in Girl Scouts. It was fun. Especially in the morning when we were all trying to get ready for our big activities for the day. The hotel provided us with an Ipod alarm clock. So we jammed to our favorite tunes. The best was an oldie but a goodie. Martina McBride will always be on my top five list.

Lock up your husbands
Lock up your sons
Lock up your whiskey cabinets
Girls lock up your guns
And Lock up the beauty shop
No tellin if they've heard the news
Call the boys downtown and Neiman Marcus
Tell Em' lock them high heeled shoes

When God fearin' women get the blues
There ain't no slap down a tellin what they're gonna do
Run around yellin
I've got a mustang it'll do 80
You don't have to be my baby
I stirred my last batch of gravy
You don't have to be my, be my, be my baby

Call all the deacons
Call the ladies aid
Call all the altos, sopranos
Tenors call every bass
Well call all the Pentecostals
And bring all the anointing oil too
Well call the preacher
He's the only one who can reach her
And there ain't no time to lose

No comments: