6.05.2008

A Grandmother's Wisdom

My Granny called me earlier this morning to see how I was doing. She told me something that I haven't heard in awhile and needed to hear:

"Erin, all your strength and wisdom comes from God and no one else. He will give it to you, you just have to ask. Us Fultons are tough women! Everything always ends OK."

This is coming from the lady that got married at age nineteen and then didn't see her husband for two years while he was off at war. They were married fifty plus years. This is the lady that has out lived two husbands, a serious beau and all her siblings. She stands on what she believes in because at eighty-five years old you know things will work out and you have to be strong. You can't just give up and, "fall a part" as she refers to me when I'm in the middle of a crisis. What a very wise woman.

I thought that was pretty cool.

No comments: