6.19.2008

Trust

Remember that game in elementary school that we all played during recess called the Trust Game? I never could do it. I could never trust anyone to catch me. I always ended up giving in because I wanted my participation points, but the fear of having no one to trust rattled my mind every time.

Just because you do not trust someone does not mean you can not be civilized to them. I have been battling this on going issue with myself for the past couple of weeks. You will always get more honey then vinegar. I mean, some say there's no connection if the other person can not learn to trust....again. There is. It is just limited. You can always be weary, especially if you have had encounters with that particular person before. Or you can chose to just not have them in your life. If they mean something to you, then this would be hard to do. But what's it worth- having to always question whether or not you are going to loose their confidence again or just not having to worry about it at all? That is up to me to decide. I have learned from other mistakes that you are the only person you can trust and sometimes that is hard. Let's be honest. We all lie to ourselves to make ourselves feel better.

-"Oh I can have that candy bar because I just ran a mile."
-"I did only spend $10.00. Tax was just added."
-"Nobody will read this if I just write it to myself."

How stupid can we get? Lying to ourselves to make ourselves feel better if just pathetic. Why do we do it? On that note, why do we lie to others? Why do we brake another's person's trust? Sure, we don't do it intentially, but it happens. Shit happens. Life goes on. This will always be a mystery to me.

No comments: