9.21.2007

It Takes Two

One of my favorite things to see are old couples in love. They're so cute together and you know that they have been through rough times throughout history. I was sitting at my desk yesterday at work and spotted an old couple walking through the homestore holding hands together. It just reminds me of the relationship my grandparents had. Granny was 19, and Grandaddy was 29 when they got married during World War 2. After the ceremony Grandaddy went to war for 2 years. Obviously they didn't have e-mail or any high tech communication we're spoiled with these days to keep in touch. If they did, Granny would be able to use it. Unfortunately Grandaddy passed away in 1991 but has always been an inspiration to me. Their relationship has always encouraged me through my marriage.

While I was watching this old couple shop together it made me think of Jim and I in 50 years and what we have to accomplish as well as endure. Finances, family, work, home, everything. I'm really looking forward to it.

No comments: