9.08.2007

It's Been a Hard Day's Night

This weekend has been a whirlwind of events, and the chaos is only beginning. Yesterday was my last day at Lane. WOOHOO. Don't get my wrong, I love my co-workers, most of them depending on the day, but waking up at 5.30am really sucks. If I could give any advice to someone who is working in a professional environment, it would be always leave on a positive note. My bosses told me I could come back anytime. If I needed a letter of recommendation, they would write one with bells ringing. That made me feel a sense of accomplishment. I realized I did my job well, and made a huge impact on the people I worked with.

Last night Jim and I went to Sharon's going away party in Newton. We celebrated by drinking margaritas. I was so tired when I got home, I could only watch one episode of Star Trek with Aaron. Maybe it's because there was 7 different types of liquors in my margarita. They don't call it "Heaven on Earth Margarita" for nothing.

Tonight once again it's party time! Heather and Matt are having...well, let's just call it a housewarming party because if I start to explain their "uniqueness" it will come out really dysfunctional. On that note, I should go make my beenie weenies that I'm bringing. Word to the wise: when googling "beenie weenies" make sure you emphasize it's a recipe. That's all I'm saying.

My in-laws coming tomorrow. I will get to see my nephew for the 2nd time. It's still really surreal for me to think of myself as an aunt. Not that I ever imagined I would be a mother before being an aunt. It's just one of the joys you are truly blessed with in life.

I start Macy's on Monday! I'm pretty psyched. I'm listening to a great song. It's actually on the web from my hometown Christan radio station in Orlando. These are the Days of Elijah So uplifting and reassuring. It's the perfect time to hear this song because of all the many changes that are going on in my life, for the better too (for once). I know my God is sovereign, and has a wonderful plan for my life. Which is the cherry on a top of a sundae.

Behold He comes riding on the clouds,
Shining like the sun at the trumpet call;
Lift your voice, it's the year of jubilee,
And out of Zion's hill salvation comes.

No comments: