5.13.2008

It's a Negative

The neurologist called me today with my MRI results. After analyzing the X-rays they fortunately found nothing harmful . This is a true lift off my shoulders. However, he does want me to come in for a follow up appointment which will take place in July. He believes that if there was nothing that the x-rays showed, then there could possibly be a pinched nerve due to my scoliosis which evedentally causes migraines. This could lead to neck soreness or cramping.

I just want to thank everyone who has been giving me such great support this past week. Your words of affirmation, phone calls and hugs truly mean a lot. Inside I have been a complete basket case with this whole scenario by going off on catastrophic thoughts, but I can pretty much hide any emotion I have from the public. I know I really should start expressing my feelings, thoughts and opinions more often but I feel like it would be just a waist of time if no one would agree with them. Even the biggest thing like this I have showed no tears to anyone...except Jim. He's just a given. So, now you know: if I cry in front of you, you know you mean a lot to me.

Our vacation down in Florida has been going very smoothly. Jim and I went to Cocoa today. Visited Ron Jon's, I got burnt to a crisp and got up close and personal to those estranged wild fires that have been making national news. Florida is burning up good times. I95 was closed, however being a born Floridian I knew all the back roads that took us home from the beach. I went to a pilates class with Amber, my mom and sister tonight and Jim and I are meeting up with her tomorrow at Jessie's bar for some good ole line dancing! Yee-haw. Disney is in the works for Thursday. Oh boy.

On the contrary, my family is in the midst of forming a family reunion, (which my aunt and I have been trying to push for the past SIX years). A suggestion of taking a cruise over Turkey Day since it'll be my cousin's birthday was going around. I guess I should start putting my event planning skills to the test!

No comments: