5.01.2008

Momzillas!

People usually think that the brides are the most reckless, selfish and temperamental girls during the planning process than anyone else. Wrong. I have concurred that the moms are far worse. On that note, I must say my mom was the best person to work with when I was planning my own wedding.

I couldn't imagine a bride that has to deal with an insane mother. I mean, get a life lady, you already had your day when dirt was new. This is your daughter's. I had this encounter tonight while I was working.

I only went in for four hours since I called out sick. I wasn't too worried about it because I have done overtime during this past week (but that's a totally different story for a different day). Anyway, as I was budgeting the numbers that we made yesterday for the first day of our Friends and Family event, I was approached by a MOB (mother of the bride) and an aunt. They explained to me that they had just driven from Burlington to purchase two goblets. Fantastic so far. Our computer showed that we had two, however we technically only had one for buying because the other one was the floor model. I explained to them under no circumstances I could sell the floor model. That's when all holy hell broke loose. The MOB said the shower was tomorrow and she had to get two goblets for a present. OK, this is when you want to scream, "idiot! your the bride's mom and your procrastinating until the last minute? How dare you!" But I didn't. They asked to speak to a manager, she said the same thing. We can't sell the model. They took our names and blah blah blah.

It was quiet in the store after they left and I was able to roughly listen to the new music the store is trying out. One song happened to be Hanson. I thought that was funny.

Everybody's looking for a blue sky
Searching for an answer on a satellite
I know that there's got to be a blue sky out there to see
A blue sky waiting for me

If you want to call that excitement go right ahead. It just boggles my mind how moms can be so neurotic about little things during their daughter's engagement. Making the day all about them. How selfish can one person get? I truly believe this is how the bride gets so stressed out. I keep thinking to myself how lucky I was to have a mom that was completely devoted to the wedding planning, however let me do the actions. She went with me as well as my sister and cousin (the maid of honor) to the taste testings, the appointments with the vendors, the reception sites, the wedding registry, and the dress shopping, (and I must point out I chose the 3rd dress I tried on). It was just hard core FUN! I had the final say with everything...if it was in the budget.

On another note, whatever music Aaron's playing is really cool. Good play list. Keep it real.

Being sick sucks but it's funny how Jim went around our room spraying Oust. Good times. Hopefully it won't last long because I'm really excited about our trip to Florida next weekend and I would appreciate it if my immune system could enjoy the vacation as well.

1 comment:

sweet blue bird said...

My mom was a totally awesome MOB too! They aren't all crazy!