5.27.2008

Should've Would've Could've

Do you ever have those moments when you think about something or someone and wonder how your life would be different if you chose different paths along the way? I think we've all had those moments whether they are short lived or will haunt us for the rest of our living lives. Here's an analogy:

Person A likes Person B
Person B starts to notice Person C.
Person A and C are completely oblivious to Person B's feelings.

OR

Person A gets offered a job at Destination B
Destination C offers more than Destination B.
Person A picks Destination C but always wonders how life would've turned out at Destination B.

Is this wrong? I mean, don't you think life is too short to just "what if" all the time?

I had a "what if" moment this past weekend. It was extremely off the charts when a friend brought up the whole ideal to me this morning without me even mentioning it to them. I'm not going to go into full detail about it either, "don't write anything you want the whole world to see" is what my grandmother always told me growing up and I still ably by that rule to this day especially when it comes to the Internet. Yes, sometimes I will slip up and just vent but most of the time I do keep a lot of things to myself. Maybe I'll tell a close friend but that's slim pickings too.

The question now is do I take my own advice and act on my thoughts or just let it rest? Someone once said,

"If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. And if they don't, they never were."

Good call.

No comments: