7.25.2007

BABY TIME!

My sister-in-law is in labor! Jim and I will be heading up to VT either tonight or early tomorrow morning. It's always so exciting to welcome a new life into this world. I've been thinking about it more and more over the past few weeks. We can pick our friends, but we can't pick our parents. I think our parents have more responsibility than we realize. Their reputation is on the line when we throw fusses in public, or get caught cutting class. People look more to them than they do to the one that's guilty.

Alissa and I were talking about this during our habitual morning walk this morning. We really resemble our parents in so many ways. The foods we buy, who to vote for, the style we wear. Everything. Don't get my wrong, Laura and AJ will make great parents. I've learned that a child who grows up in a calm, and supportive environment with no yelling surrounding them, tends to be less aggravated, or irritated with life when they grow up.

Anywho, if you're wondering what the baby's name is, you got me. We just call it Baby Johnson.

No comments: