7.26.2007

That's Sick

I'm sick. I hate being sick because I feel like I don't have time to be. I get so tired and worn out because my body is fighting off a virus. (I actually listened in 7th grade science class). I don't like going to the doctor's office because I feel like I will actually catch something worse while anxiously sitting in the waiting room. I'm feeling better as the has gone by. (Aaron, thank you for letting me have your Alka-Seltzer haha).

So here's the update on the baby news: Jim and I were already to go to VT early this morning when all of a sudden he gets a phone call from his mom saying they don't want us up there. Laura hates me. I was completely devastated. Aaron came home and just talked to me about it since Jim had to go to work. We watched a Japanese cartoon, saw David Elles for 2.5 seconds and then just walked up and down Bow St. at 10.30 at night. It made me feel better. On the other hand, I feel for Jim. This is his sister's first child and she doesn't even want her own brother there to experience it. Maybe it's me, and I'm not understanding her family values. However, we're going up to see the baby this Saturday. I feel like we shouldn't go at all. I mean, maybe I'm being a little selfish but I thought we were putting our differences aside and focusing on the new life that is being brought into this world. We have a present, a card and tons of love to give to our nephew, even though we STILL don't know his name. I'm going to take my mother's advice, she's most of the time she's always right and keep my head held high, and act like nothing is bothering me. I'm not going to let them get to me. Let them show their immaturity.

On a happier note, I have an interview for a Bridal Registry Consultant at Macy's on Monday. Yay!

No comments: