7.20.2007

"Put it on the fridge!"

I'm so happy right now that I can't possibly think about sleep even though I have to get up in six hours. I'm in wedding and event planning school in order to become a professional planner. I had to turn in a research paper in that included 3 interviews I had to do with different vendors, a press release, and a research/marketing strategy I would take on when I have my own business. My mentor gave me a 98% on it. I feel like a little school girl who runs home to her mom when she did well on a test. Aaron told me to post it on the fridge. I remember my mom always putting papers on our fridge. I think it gives you an extra boost in this world to do well when you see your accomplishments.

I learned something tonight: When you go into Lynn, the city of sin, don't bring your Burberry umbrella. Even though it was raining, I could have easily worn a hoodie. People on the streets look at you funny, knowing you don't belong there. I was there to help my friend Amanda out in a parade she was in. We got to see Miss Massachusetts which was awesome. The best part was it was pouring and we got soaked. I felt so free. We went back to her apartment and ordered pizza. I ate four slices. FOUR! Good God, I feel fat. We reluctantly decided to watch Father of the Bride until Aaron came and picked me up after he got off work.

Tomorrow I'm going to the beach with a good friend. I'm so grateful that we live about two blocks away from the beach because I love the beach. Anyway, we're going to lay out and get some color...if this rain ever goes away.

No comments: