7.21.2007

Why can't we be friends?

Do you ever wonder why people run late sometimes? Traffic, weather blah blah blah. "I'm on my way" is the same thing as "the check is in the mail." Believe me, I've heard that one more than once. I ended up going to the beach later than expected because everything around me was running late. However in the end, it was worth it. I even got some color on my face which faded by this morning. haha

Jim called his sister this afternoon to see if this kid is ever going to pop into this world. Her doctor told her it would be any day now. That was two weeks ago. If the baby doesn't come before the 29th, then they will induce her, or in Jim's words, "force it out." I told him I don't appreciate him describing our nephew as poo. Force is out. haha.

It's a little sad that we probably won't be close to our nephew since Jim's sister isn't nice to us. In fact, she's not nice to anyone. Jim told my dad that, "she's just a bitchy person. She doesn't have any girlfriends." (I know I'm venting frustration, but this is my blog, so I'm going to say it like it is). He told me the other night that I should be the "bigger person." Then he paused, started to laugh and said, "you can't!" When I finally got the joke I was in hysterics. (She's a big girl, which is probably more than half her problem). I'm just learning how to stay out his family feud. I suggest to him to call his family once a week. "I don't feel like getting yelled at right now," is his reply. Sad huh?

When I was little I always imagined getting married and being best buds with my sister-in-law. We would go shopping, get manicures, and lie on the beach sipping cosmos while reading a trashing gossip magazine. I guess I have a vivid imagination.

Anyway, we're going to Walmart tonight to pick up a bed frame which broke on our bed. NO! YOU PERV! His sister actually broke it. Not recently, but awhile ago. Our friends think she should really pay for it, but we know they're on a tight budget, have a kid on the way and just moved back in with her mom. So we're not going to ask.

Current Music: Dixie Chicks I'm Not Ready to Make Nice
Forgive, sounds good.
Forget, I'm not sure I could.
They say time heals everything,
But I'm still waiting

I'm through, with doubt,
There's nothing left for me to figure out,
I've paid a price, and i'll keep paying

I'm not ready to make nice,
I'm not ready to back down,
I'm still mad as hell
And I don't have time
To go round and round and round
It's too late to make it right
I probably wouldn't if I could
Cause I'm mad as hell
Can't bring myself to do what it is
You think I should

I know you said
Why can't you just get over it,
It turned my whole world around
and i kind of like it


I made by bed, and I sleep like a baby,
With no regrets and I don't mind saying,
It's a sad sad story
That a mother will teach her daughter
that she ought to hate a perfect stranger.
And how in the world
Can the words that I said
Send somebody so over the edge
That they'd write me a letter
Saying that I better shut up and sing
Or my life will be over

Chorus.

1 comment:

Jim said...

the bed frame was free, and my sister broke it a long long time ago. it's partially our fault that we have, that is we needed a bed and well that was the only one my mom had extra at the time...