7.17.2007

Hello My name is Erin...

....and I'm not an alcoholic. I'm sure that's a great way of introducing myself to people who read this that I may not know, or even meet in this lifetime. (Not that I think I'm going to have another one). When I think of myself, I would say I'm extremely independent. Maybe too independent. My mom always thought I was. I came out of the womb with a checklist I had to accomplish for the day. My husband thinks I'm independent as well, but likes it on occasion. He's so good to me, and I love him more than tomorrow but less than yesterday. We've been married seven months, and if someone had to ask me if the first year of marriage is hard, I would bluntly say yes. It completely sucks. However it's worth it. We didn't live together before we were married so we came into it just playing house, and learning things about each other that we both didn't notice during the dating period. My mom told me at least a billion times, "what irritates you now will only irritate you 10 times more when you're married." I'm finding that more true everyday. But it's still worth it.

We have a wonderful roommate as well. I know to some it may seem odd, but to us it's completely normal and I see all three of us as a little family most of the time. We bicker, laugh, cry, pay bills, and are completely not perfect in any sorts, but not fake. We'll say what we're thinking and not sugar coat anything. He's like the big brother I never had.

Being the southener I am, or being raised by other southeners I have that class of southern hospitality. I love giving to people. Someone told be that they know I would give the clothes off my back for them if they needed it. I took that as a compliment.

Today is turning out to be a terrible Tuesday. I say this because my Monday wasn't manic at all. I went to a park with my husband and roommate and we walked barely over 3 miles around a lake observing people and the many fire posts and the dogs. It was fun. It was good exercise because I'm training myself for a 5k run I'm doing in Orlando on Aug. 11th with my parents next door neighbors who I practically grew up with, the Jones. And yes, I'll be able to keep up with them, or at least the 11 year old. That's going to be a busy day. The run at 7.30am and then attending a baby shower for one of my girlfriend's in Cassleberry at 11.00am. This showers is sounding more and more huge every time I hear about it. A caterer, the place, the flowers. Just like a wedding.

I can't believe how many of my girlfriends just in the past 2 months have gotten pregnant. Granted one of them has been married for 4 years now. But wow. These are girls I sat next to in the first grade. Traded lunches with in the cafe, learned those "Miss Sally" hand games on the recess field, and watched the miracle of life movie with in the 7th grade. Don't get my wrong, I'm not bitter in the least! I love my life. I'm having fun. I'm so happy for all of them! They completely deserve it, and I know they all will be fantastic mothers. I'm going to be an aunt any day now, which is where all my excitement is going. When I am ready to have kids, probably by 2010, I want twins. I know it probably won't happen, but that's ok. I would love 2 girls and a boy. In no particular order. I always wanted that. I remember writing down names to for my children on a little napkin when I was about 6. I wonder where that napkin is now.

The only thing about kids is taking them to a restaurant. My parents didn't take me anywhere until I was 3, and made sure I had my crayons and to-go cup. But seriously, I was catching up with one of my girlfriends, Sharon whom I haven't seen in awhile, (no she's not knocked up). The whole time this kid would sporadically scream a sound of murder from the booth next to us. For God's sake, hire an effin baby-sitter. I'm sure some 13 year old around the neighborhood would love to earn a few extra bucks for the day. I knew I did at that age. I have just realized the inflation cost of baby-sitting. I used to probably make $6.00 an hour. My sister baby-sits and she makes about $8.00. Where were these people when I was on the job? I did nanny 3 kids during my senior year of high school up until I received my A.A. from the local community college in Orlando. It was extremely good money. Even though I was still living with my parents, I was able to save up. They were bratty, but I loved them. One time we were in Payless getting the little boy new shoes for school, and some lady came up to me and said, "you look really good for having three kids." SIDE NOTE: the oldest at the time was 9. Ok, first of all, do I look that old? And second of all, thanks! I was a size 2 back then. Now I'm a 4/6 respectfully.

I know today is going to end well. I just need to lean on God for his strength.

No comments: