8.17.2007

Another Day's Work...

The night started with some innocent fun with friends at Lazer Tag. After the games, the suggestion of going out for ice cream was brought up. If you know me at all, I will never turn down ice cream. That's just the way my mother brought me up. To the four of us going, it all seemed so very harmless.

Sitting on the curb in downtown Danvers, enjoying three other friend's company, and the humid weather, a trio of guys, or punks is what I like to call them walked by us screaming an obscenity to one of my girlfriends. The guys that were with me and my friend were stunned that these punks didn't know how to respect a woman.

A couple of minutes later, or how ever long it took them to circle the block, the trio came up to us again. One of the guys that I was with did a backwards somersault and just stood there, "just to be an ass" he later explains. We find out that these are the type of punks that are a genuine label for angry management classes, and maybe AA too. Without any warning, they start beating up my friend. Aaron was there, saw me shaking, and just hugged my legs together telling me it would be OK. Fortunately, there were a few older men smoking cigars that broke up the brawl.

The trio ran away all along, just walking around the block once more. I have to admit, the guys that I was with were men. They didn't give up their dignity for a bunch of punks that later came and just yelled f- this and f- that to us. The trio wanted the guys I was with to stand up and yell. They wanted an all-out brawl. But to their disappointment, that didn't happen. Aaron and Jason stood their ground, took the upper hand in the situation, and had a more developed vocabulary than the other pair.

These punks reminded me of my ex-boyfriend who used to act like this towards me. Even after years of self defense classes, and a lot of therapy sessions, it still hits home, and unfortunately I'm sure it always will.

On a happier note, Jim and I have been married for 8 months today. He was not able to attend tonight's events due to work...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yeah, vocabulary! woo woo!