8.09.2007

Needy

I think I need to take the word need out of my vocabulary. Go cold turkey completely. I catch myself saying it all the time about useless things. Just this afternoon I was in Ann Taylor Loft and said, "I need a new black skirt." Then I thought to myself, "Erin, you have five different black skirts!" I also caught myself saying that I needed a pedicure. Maybe I do, but re-wording the phrase to something like, "it would be nice to get a pedicure" would sound more pleasing. (Yes, I did get a pedicure only because my girlfriend is going to nail school and needed guinea pigs. But she did a great job!) The word need is in everyone's vocabulary and we just unconsciously say it when ironically it isn't needed. So that's my goal: re-phrasing my sentences, and trying not to be so needy about simple things. Stuff that I don't need, like another black skirt...even if it was on sale.

Last night the space shuttle took off. It's kind of funny how I have never been to the Cape to see a live lift off, but walk out to the backyard and see it perfectly as it glides through the sky across the lake. It's such a beautiful scene especially during sunset.

No comments: