8.20.2007

Wedding Bliss


This weekend seemed like a whirlwind, and I wasn't even the one getting married. Maybe because the wedding ceremony for Matt and Heather started at 5.30AM and the bachelorette party did not end until 10pm the night before. They shared their vows along the beach just as the sun was rising. Very romantic, but very tiring as well. The weather was windy, but beautiful skies and warm weather. We all had 5 hours to kill until the reception which started at 11am. I think I personally enjoy the reception part of a couple's wedding more than the ceremony itself. Is that bad? I love dancing, and that's what happens at receptions.

I start work at Gordon on Wednesday. I'm not too excited about it, but I should be more humble and realize that it's an income that Jim and I need. They're even offering me a $2.00 raise to come back and work for them. I hear that's impressive.

So Tropical Storm Erin hit TX last week. I remember the last time my name was used during hurricane season was back in 11th grade. Hurricane days were always fun growing up. Dad would board up the house, and mom would let us make sundae's and have "hurricane parties" since school would be canceled the next day. Oh the good ole' days. But now I'm in the real life. Living in the north, where instead of hurricane days, we get snowed in....for days on in.

It's been a manic Monday. The foreshadowing of a crazy week.

No comments: