8.08.2007

I am woman, hear me roar!

Today I was able to spend the day with one of my dear friends, Amber. I truly cherish our friendship because it has lasted 18 years. She was actually a bridesmaid in my wedding. We met the first day of kindergarten and the rest is history. God, has it been that long? We went out to lunch and racked up a good bill at the mall this afternoon, (in our defense it is tax free week!) She's such a sweet girl, and I pray that there's a guy out there that can truly treat her right. She wants to be heard, wants someone with feelings. She doesn't like to be bought, but likes the price you pay for love. Graduated from UCF in 2006 with honors and valedictorian in high school, the girl has brains and a body to die for! This is beginning to sound like some dating ad for her, but it's not. I just love her! She just landed her dream job as a finance/accountant analyst at Lockeed Martin. No more life guarding! We made a deal that if she was my accountant, I could plan her wedding. That's pretty even. We were talking today about relationships and the one thing we both can agree on is the baggage that we all carry. That's one thing girls really despise: a guy that comes with "baggage." This can mean a hundred different things, but the main point is girls truly adore guys that are pure, no psycho ex girlfriends, no diseases, NO KIDS. My dear readers, you might think I'm exaggerating just a tad, but it's true. Sure, girls can carry baggage as well, and are we proud of it? NO. I told her that I recommend her looking for someone that has no history. I know that's hard to find now a days, but their out there. It'll definitely make a difference in her relationships if she did. It will broaden her horizons and she'll be respected in a whole different way. The respect she needs.

I went to a network meeting in downtown Orlando last night with one of my girlfriends. The group is called the J4 Leaders and they're a group of professional business class women with families and a love for Jesus. Talk about independent women! I wish their website was already established because I would love to share more about them. It's just great to see women in the workforce while managing a family life and a relationship with Christ all at the same time. Jim and I have talked about me being the bread winner in our family, and he be a stay at home dad. I'm pretty traditional so it's taking me a while to think this process through. But we have a few years until this all happens. We still consider ourselves a "family" even if there are no kids involved...yet..
I just got back from a body works class at LA Fitness that I went to with my mom and Cathie. The instructor kicked my ass. I thought I was in good shape, but excising with weights, and other stuff I can't even put into words, good God! I'll be sore tomorrow! For now, I'm going to relax, talk to Jim, take a bubble bath and get ready to watch Dateline: How to Catch a Preditor with my mom. Fun times.




No comments: