8.01.2007

Flying on Cloud 9

I love traveling. I especially enjoy plane trips if they don't require me being stranded in JFK for 12 hours, but that's another story. Today's went extremely well. I like to people watch, and I'm fully aware the airport is a prime target of doing this. As I was sitting at the gate in Logan this morning, trying to keep my eyes open, (I'm not a morning person), I noticed so many different families, cultures, accents.

This one all American family of four were heading down to Orlando to see the Big Mouse while dad attended a conference. Before boarding the plane, they all said a short prayer.

I sat beside a guy that looked around my age. He reminded me of my room mate, maybe because he was ready a big fat book. However, he looked like a guy I used to work with. The 9/11 Commission did not leave this boy's hands the entire time.

The people that sat behind me apparently have NEVER been to Florida, or have NEVER heard of a fence. "Oh look at all those pools and they're screened in! That's probably to keep the alligators out." Uh... right. Because alligators just wonder around aimlessly. That's the only reason we have screened in pools. A couple minutes later we land, and to our left was a little pond. "I bet there's alligators in there," the lady said again. I almost turned around and asked if she saw the duck that was relaxing in the pond. Do you think a duck would be sitting there if there was a crock in the pond? Think lady. But, remembering what a good southerner I am, I held my breath.

Our captain was great! He narrated bits and pieces of history all along the east coast. He even got us to Orlando 36 minutes early. Great trip.

Orlando is normal thus far. My mom picked me up and we headed to Target to a get bridal gift, and Ann Taylor Loft because it's our sweetest sin. I love the drive-thru Starbucks! Granny took the two of us out to Red Lobster, in the rain. She's so brave. I want to be just like her when I grow up.

I'm scheduled to get a hair cut tomorrow.

No comments: